Horizon BQ-500 – Perfect Binder
The Horizon BQ-500 perfect binder is designed for increased book-of-one productivity, increased automation, and increased quality control over a wider range of substrates regardless of run length. The BQ-500 is the first perfect binder to come equipped with iCE LINK, Horizon’s new cloud-based JDF workflow and job-management tool. The system features an improved and easy-to-use 12.1” touchscreen for quick setup, an ergonomic design for efficient, operator-friendly operation, and an enhanced delivery system for thin books.
Advantages at a glance
- Advanced Automation – The BQ-500 features 21 automated sections in total, reducing set-up and changeover time even when making fine, variable thickness adjustments – all while ensuring higher quality books.
- Improved Visual Monitoring – A new, larger production monitoring screen and new, customizable LED lighting serve as a quick-look indicator of system readiness and status. Indicator lights can even be seen from across the production floor with the BQ-500’s light tower.
- Variable Production – The BQ-500 is the most productive binder for book-of-one production in its class. In a variable range of +/-5mm, the BQ-500 can reach production speeds of up to 800 books per hour, almost double the productivity of other binders in this range.
- Expandable Customization – The BQ-500 is designed to support a wide range of connectivity and enhancement options so that you can expand and tailor capabilities to match your unique needs.
- Clean Spine Preparation – Improved milling waste removal, a newly designed air flow, and an improved glue application system help ensure high-quality production.
- EVA and PUR – The BQ-500 features interchangeable EVA and PUR glue tanks with a new and improved tank removal process for cleaner and easier tank changeover.
- Gentle Delivery – To prevent damage to more delicate books, the BQ-500 has reduced the book drop from 150mm to only 5mm. Books are then gently lowered to the delivery belt.
- iCE LINK – The BQ-500 is the first perfect binder to come equipped with iCE LINK, a cloud-based platform that can provide device monitoring, KPI analysis, PM schedule/alerts, JDF/JMF Workflow, scheduling, job creation, editing and more.
|Book Block Maximum:||12.59″ x 12.59″ (320 mm x 320 mm)|
|Book Block Minimum:||5.70″ x 4.13″ (145 mm x 105 mm)|
|Book Thickness:||0.04″ to 2.56″ (1 mm to 65 mm)|
|Cover Size Maximum:||12.59″ x 26.37″ (320 mm x 670 mm)|
|Cover Size Minimum:||5.32″ x 8.86″ (135 mm x 225 mm)|
|Cover Weight Range:||Normal: 81.4 to 302.4 gsm | Coated: 104.7 to 348.9 gsm|
|Production Speed(s):||Up to 800 books/hour|