J & J Printing: Lenexa, KS
L to R: Wayne Welkner and Jim Ferguson
Push Solutions: New Berlin, WI
All RMGT Print Facility
Hagg Press: Elgin, IL
It's a Family Affair
Polpress: Chicago, IL
L to R: Peter Marszalek and Roman Majewski
GEW LW2 LED-UV CURING SYSTEM
GEW LW2 LED-UV Curing System for Sheet-fed Offset Presses
GEW’s Patented LW2 lamphead is the most effective water-cooled LED-UV curing technology on the market.
LED-UV polymer inks allow successful printing on almost all stock types. Coated and uncoated papers, plastics, foil laminated sheets etc. all become a possibility, increasing product diversity.
GEW LED-UV Curing
GEW’s patented LW2 lamphead is the most effective LED-UV solution of the market
- Super-compact design to fit in the tightest spaces
- GEW manufactures turnkey solutions: power supplies, chillers, LED lamps are all designed by GEW to ensure seamless compatibility and proven reliability
- Custom-designed focussing lenses maximize radiation at the sheet and achieve up to 10 times the radiation compared to standard glass window designs
- Direct UV radiation path from LEDs to substrate without reflectors
- Available in wavelengths 385, 395 and 405 nm in power levels up to 27 W/cm2
- No air movement, no ozone, no airborne contamination, no sheet disturbance
- Completely silent operation
- Modular 25mm-sections available in one continuous array up to 2.4m (94in) wide
- Uniform UV output and wavelength across the curing area – typically only 3% variation
RHINO Electronic Power Supply
- 5-year Warranty: No unplanned maintenance costs for 5 years! Using GEW’s embedded service package means total confidence in the reliability of GEW UV systems and backed up by a warranty unrivaled in the industry. Ask your UV supplier to guarantee their system for 5 years.
- Lowest Operating Costs: With intelligent power management the current draw from each mains phase is balanced and harmonic distortion is minimized, reducing the energy demand registered by your electricity meter.
- Fail-safe Operation:Military-grade electronic design protects the UV system from damage caused by incorrect voltage, short-to-ground, dropped phases, mains spikes and lightning strikes. In the event of a serious mains disruption, the system powers down in a safe mode.
- Survives the Harshest Environments: RHINO is designed to run in harsh conditions at ambient temperatures of up to 40°C. The system is also unaffected by dust, ink mist and other atmospheric contaminants.
- Minimal Footprint RHINO Rack:
A compact cabinet that houses up to 6 RHINO power supplies and provides perfect cooling, atmospheric protection and mains power distribution. Cabinets are stackable 2-high, enabling 12 power supplies to fit into a 115 cm x 65 cm floor area.
Power supplies slide into the rack and connect quickly, enabling more lamps to be easily added to the system in future.