J & J Printing: Lenexa, KS
L to R: Wayne Welkner and Jim Ferguson
Push Solutions: New Berlin, WI
All RMGT Print Facility
Hagg Press: Elgin, IL
It's a Family Affair
Polpress: Chicago, IL
L to R: Peter Marszalek, Roman Majewski and Chris Manly (Graphco)
GEW LeoLED UV Curing Systems for Sheetfed Offset Presses
Transform your offset press with the most effective LED-UV curing technology
What Makes GEW LeoLED UV Best?
LED-UV polymer inks allow successful printing on almost all stock types as they will adhere well to non-absorbent materials like PE, PET, PU, synthetic paper etc.
LED-UV brings addd value, increased product diversity and new product offerings with coated and uncoated papers, plastics and foil laminated sheets.
Unlike H-UV or traditional mercury lamps, LEDs emit very little infrared heat towards the substrate.
This avoids common heat-related issues in printing such as high pile temperatures, curling of heat-sensitive stock materials and loss of moisture in paper, printed sheets are crisp and fresh as new.
The low heat profile of GEW LEDs means fire risk, costly shielding and preparation of print units is avoided.
Instant On/Off switching means that with LED no energy is consumed when the press is idle. The higher electrical efficiency of LEDs and purity of the UV output allow typical energy savings in excess of 50% compared with and H-UV lamp system.
The printer never waits for the UV lamps because GEW's LEDs' instant On/Off switching means no warm-up or cool-down cycles. Mechanical maintenance time is eliminated because no lamps, shutters or reflector mechanisms require servicing.
GEW LeoLED UV Curing
- Highest UV dose supports the fastest printing speeds
- Compact design fits almost all press types
- LED array is fully sealed from environment for easy cleaning and resilience to ink and dust ingress
- Direct UV irradiation path means no UV is lost in reflections
- Movable between print units
- Continuous remote monitoring of lamp?LED characteristics ensures the most reliable operation and faster support of any manufacturer
- Uniform UV output and wavelength across the curing area
- Long-term consistent output over the full life cycle of the LEDs
|Width||To suit all machines|
|Emitting Window Width||50mm|
|Operating Temperature||41 to 104°F|
|Durability||In Excess of 20,000h|
* Other wavelengths available on request
** Measured at window
RHINO GEW Power Electronics
- Embedded Service - RHINO Control is connected to the internet and encrypted system performance data is sent live to GEW 24/7. This ensures the fastest and most precise response to service issues available in the industry.
- System Performance Reports - Regular system performance reports are sent to nominated customer email accounts. These lay out energy usage, uptime % and a performance report to give unparalleled analysis of press productivity to operational management.
Combined with comprehensive instruction and service manuals available from GEW, your press operators will have total confidence in their new UV system.
The Event Log continually records system use and operating parameters. The log can be checked to ensure the system is working at peak efficiency, avoiding energy waste and unplanned downtime.
Multilingual instructions are easily accessible on every screen ensuring operators can always fully understand the UV control.
- Fail-Safe Operation - Military-grade electronic design protects the UV system from damage caused by incorrect voltage, short-to-ground, dropped phases, power spikes and lighting strikes. In the event of a serious power disruption, the system powers down in a safe mode.
RHINO is designed to run in harshest conditions at ambient temperatures of up to 140°F (40°C). The system is also unaffected by dust, ink mist and other atmospheric contaminants.
- Lowest Operating Costs - With intelligent power management the current draw from each power phase is balanced and harmonic distortion is minimized, reducing the energy demand registered by the electric meter.
- Minimal Footprint RHINO Rack - A compact cabinet that houses power supplies for up to 12 lamps and provides perfect cooling, atmospheric protection and power distribution.
Power supplies slide in to the rack and connect quickly, enabling more lamps to be easily added to the system in future.
- 5 Year Warranty Available - Using GEW's embedded service package gives total confidence in the reliability of GEW power electronics and minimizes unplanned maintenance costs.
GEW is the only UV supplier to offer this level of warranty as standard.